Retired Air Force Master Sgt. and health proponent Rob Wilkins is that this week’s particular visitor on The American Legion Tango Alpha Lima podcast. Wilkins, who was named to the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness and Nutrition in 2018, leads off a four-part collection on health and wellness.
On the podcast, Wilkins discusses the significance of wholesome dwelling as we age, what he calls National Military Fitness & Wellness Month, which is November, and the significance for all veterans to stay lively.
He recommends all adults getting 150 minutes of train weekly.
“You have to invest in your health,” stated Wilkins, a lifetime American Legion member. “Often I hear people say they don’t have time to go to the gym. You don’t have to go to the gym. You could go for a walk.”
Wilkins additionally advisable:
• Doing train “snacks.” For instance, whereas watching tv, do push-ups, stroll in place or knock out some leaping jacks.
• Investing in your well being. “A healthy person lives a longer lifespan, is more able to share it with their grandchildren and friends, and be able to share their wisdom.”
• Taking the lead. As a 100 Miles for Hope ambassador and amongst members of the Legion’s wellness advisors, Wilkins inspired involving others. “Take a friend. Why should you have all the fun? Take somebody with you to encourage them to be healthier.”
The different three episodes within the health and wellness collection function:
• Nov. 29, Dr. Dan Bornstein, the founding director of the Center for Performance, Readiness, Resiliency and Recovery at The Citadel. He addresses the significance of bodily exercise as we age, particularly for veterans, and techniques to keep up a wholesome life-style.
• Dec. 6, Jennifer Campbell, an American Legion member, Army veteran and health teacher. She gives tips on learn how to benefit from the holidays whereas remaining lively and burning off energy.
• Dec. 13, Dr. Trina Clayeux, who’s married to a retired Air Force veteran. She launched her nonprofit group, Give an Hour, in 2005. Give an Hour addresses the psychological well being wants of post-9/11 veterans by pairing them with counselors for gratis.
Check out this week’s podcast and the greater than 150 Tango Alpha Lima episodes obtainable in both audio and video formats here. You may also obtain episodes on iTunes, Google Play or different main podcast-hosting websites. The video model is offered at the Legion’s YouTube channel.