These salmon patties are usually not solely tasty, however they’re wealthy in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, too! Make them forward of time and refrigerate till you’re able to cook dinner. (Planning to grill? Place salmon burgers within the freezer first for 20 to half-hour. That manner, they’ll maintain collectively higher.)
Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit tutorial medical heart. Advertising on our web site helps help our mission. We don’t endorse non-Cleveland Clinic services or products. Policy
2 kilos recent salmon fillets, skinned
1/2 cup chopped inexperienced onions
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed leaves
Salt and pepper to style
1 egg white
2 cups crisp rice cereal
- With knife or meals processor, chop salmon into small items.
- In massive bowl, combine collectively salmon, inexperienced onions, garlic, lemon juice and dill. Season to style.
- In one other bowl, whisk collectively egg and egg white, then add to salmon combination.
- Using your palms, gently combine salmon combination with cereal (combination shall be unfastened). Form combination into burgers.
- Heat massive nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium warmth. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on either side or till golden brown.
- Serve along with your favourite condiments.
Nutrition data (per serving)
Makes 8 burgers
Calories: 188 (per burger solely, not together with bun or condiments, and so forth.)
Calories from fats: 29%
Fat: 6 g
Saturated fats: 1 g
Cholesterol: 76 mg
Sodium: 142 mg
Carbohydrate: 7 g
Dietary fiber: 0 g
Total sugar: 1 g
Protein: 25 g
Dietary exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
— Holly Clegg’s TRIM & TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence: Cooking Basics Plus 150 Easy Healthy Recipes. Posted with permission.