September Presents The Perfect Opportunity For The Produce Industry To Elevate Consumption To A National Priority
The Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) BB #:157162 invitations the produce trade to affix the Have A Plant Movement this September because the nonprofit group kicks off its fourth annual National Fruits & Veggies Month (NFVM) – a celebration of everybody’s favourite and flavorful vegetation – fruits and veggies!
With its profitable observe report reaching greater than 100 million social media impressions every year through the month of September since NFVM’s 2019 launch, PBH additionally marks this month as a possibility to raise fruit and vegetable consumption to a nationwide precedence.
Given this week’s White House announcement that the upcoming White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health will happen on Wednesday, September twenty eighth, it’s crucial, now greater than ever, to boost nationwide consciousness for fruit and veggies and the vital position they play for America’s well being and happiness.
The 2022 NFVM Theme is “Celebrating The Roots Of Our Food.” Fruits and greens are on the “root” of our well being and well-being. Fruits and greens additionally function a deeply-rooted connection level with customers – whether or not that could be a reference to the farmers and growers who look after our meals from the bottom up or our cultural connections to meals and our family members. National Fruits & Veggies Month is a time to have a good time all of the goodness that fruits and veggies carry to our tables, our minds, our souls in addition to our well being and happiness.
“September is a pivotal moment to elevate fruits and vegetables to a national priority and celebrate all of the hard-working individuals across the supply chain who work tirelessly to deliver America’s favorite and flavorful plants to our stores, our restaurants and our tables,” stated Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, MS, RDN, PBH President & CEO.
“It is a unique year given the efforts surrounding the second White House Conference, and we need our voices to be heard in order to close the fruit and vegetable consumption gap. The time is NOW to join together, and PBH’s digital assets as well as the Have A Plant Movement provide the platform for which we can all unite and deliver consistent fruit and vegetable messaging to key stakeholders, and provide inspiration directly to consumers, encouraging new fruit and vegetable consumption behaviors.”
This September, PBH will even launch new shopper analysis that unveils particular fruit and vegetable hacks to interrupt by way of frequent consumption boundaries in addition to behavioral insights that may result in lifelong habits. Rooted in behavioral science, the PBH crew has taken insights from this analysis to create consumer-facing promotional content material and activation concepts that may assist unify messaging and immediate new and artistic methods to speak about fruit and veggies with customers throughout 4 key pillars: Make It Easy; Back To Basics; Fruit & Veggie Hacks; and Fruit & Veggie Care. Integrated into this 12 months’s marketing campaign, are new GIF’s for enjoyable social sharing encouraging the message, “Every time you EAT, Have A Plant,” “Every time you SHOP, Have A Plant,” and so forth.
Here is an outline of what to anticipate this September as a part of PBH’s 2022 NFVM marketing campaign:
• Have A Plant Influencer Network Activations: PBH’s huge influencer community is comprised of 300+ retail RDs, foodservice and culinary leaders, diet, life-style and agriculture communicators. This consists of 50 Have A Plant Ambassadors who contribute recipes, movies/reels, hacks, Expert Advice Q&As, weblog posts, and so forth. to PBH’s digital ecosystem as dedicated volunteers who imagine within the PBH mission. To comply with together with all their superb easy-to-share content material, go to our 2022 NFVM Editorial Calendar HERE.
• Have A Plant Cook Alongs & Facebook Lives: PBH occasions on Facebook current a FREE alternative for produce corporations to interact with PBH’s followers on social media in actual time. Join the enjoyable on our occasions web page and save the next dates:
• Local TV Media: Various Have A Plant Ambassadors have pitched their native TV stations and might be doing stay segments that includes NFVM, together with Kristen Carli, RD and Kelly Jones, MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN to call a number of. Follow alongside as extra segments get secured!
• Podcasts: Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, MS, RDN, President & CEO of PBH has additionally participated in a large number of produce trade commerce in addition to life-style and diet podcasts that can air through the month of September together with:
• Retail Activations Across Various Markets:
- Powerful Produce Pairings promotion with Egg Nutrition Center & Veggies at H-E-B.
- Retail Registered Dietitian (RD) Roundtable that includes Have A Plant Retail RD Ambassadors from Big Y, H-E-B and Rouses, who might be speaking with Ashley Nickle about their NFVM Plans through the Produce Retail Podcast.
- Various Have A Plant Ambassador Retail RDs are conducting cooking lessons and consumer-facing trainings that can function fruit and veggies as the first focus throughout NFVM.
• PBH Partnerships Customized for NFVM:
o Join the dialog as PBH and Pacific Coast Producers kicked off NFVM on Tuesday, August thirtieth with a particular PBH Expert Webinar Series: Spreading The Sustainability, Operational Efficiency & Innovation Story. View the replay HERE.
- PBH will associate with U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council to spotlight blueberries through the week of September nineteenth by way of Have A Plant Ambassador and customized digital and social activations.
- Chelan Fresh has invited PBH as an influencer to attend its experiential subject tour, September 21-23. PBH’s new Social Media Community Manager, Emily Holdorf, MS, RDN will attend and amplify the content material on our channels.
- PBH will associate with Egg Nutrition Center and Hass Avocado Board to current our month-to-month Health & Wellness Webinar, September twenty seventh at 2:00pm ET: Managing Scientific Whiplash: The Evolution of Dietary Fat & Cholesterol Research
- PBH will associate with FOODWORKS to launch GREEN by Foodworks to encourage cooks nationwide to create extra plant-forward menus in restaurant institutions throughout America.
“PBH is committed to the produce industry and to communicating to consumers about the greatness fruits and vegetables bring to our tables, our minds and our souls this National Fruits & Veggies Month; but we cannot do it alone,” stated Katie Calligaro, PBH Marketing & Communications Director. “We need everyone to join in this September, and so we’ve made it easy for the industry to rally around fruit and vegetable consumption as well as drive momentum for the award-winning Have A Plant Movement. We create the tools. We activate our networks. We make it cool and fun. Now we look forward to seeing what everyone else will do to get in the game.”
For actionable methods to get entangled, in addition to entry to pictures, pattern social media posts, messaging and extra, go to PBH’s National Fruits & Veggies Month Toolkit FREE for obtain HERE. For extra details about National Fruits & Veggies Month and the way to customise your built-in September advertising plans with PBH, contact Katie Calligaro, PBH Marketing & Communications Director.About the Produce for Better Health FoundationProduce for Better Health Foundation (PBH), a nonprofit 501(c)(3), is the one nationwide group devoted to serving to customers stay happier, wholesome lives by consuming extra fruit and veggies, together with recent, frozen, canned, dried and 100% juice, each single day.
Since 1991, PBH has invested in creating trended insights on attitudes towards all types of fruit and vegetable consumption, along with campaigns and partnerships with authorities, meals trade stakeholders, well being professionals and different thought leaders to collaborate, facilitate and advocate for elevated consumption. Campaigns included first, the 5-A-Day program, after which, the Fruits & Veggies—More Matters public well being initiative. While 5 fruit and veggies every day is nice recommendation, and extra will at all times matter, PBH’s new behavior-based call-to-action is Have A Plant. Rooted in behavioral science, PBH’s transformative Have A Plant Movement is an invite that can encourage folks with compelling causes to imagine within the highly effective position fruit and veggies can play to create pleased, wholesome and lively lives.
Be positive to affix the Have A Plant Movement and get new recipes, snack hacks, meal concepts and different tips from cooks, registered dietitians, in addition to meals and wellness consultants by visiting www.fruitsandveggies.org. Follow us on Facebook @fruitsandveggies; on Twitter @fruits_veggies; on Instagram @fruitsandveggies; on Pinterest @fruits_veggies; and on LinkedIn at Produce for Better Health Foundation. And bear in mind to #haveaplant.
PBH can be liable for the Lead The Change Collaborative Consumption Campaign – a multi-sector, multi-year initiative designed to maximise the ability of PBH’s distinctive thought management place, widespread influencer community, credible scientific and market analysis, and, most significantly, its revolutionary members and companions, to steer a call-to-action for addressing the worldwide fruit and vegetable consumption disaster. The initiative consists of analysis, thought management and communication platforms to make sure the marketing campaign speaks with One Purpose, One Voice and One Call-to-Action. For extra data go to: www.fruitsandveggies.org/lead-the-change.