Winter break is nearly right here! Many campus companies can be diminished all through winter break, and most educational and administrative workplaces can be closed from Dec. 25–Jan. 1. Whether you reside on or off campus, please take a second to evaluation some reminders and tips earlier than you permit city.
Residence halls shut at 1 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 15. All college students should vacate their rooms at some point of the winter break. Bear Creek and Reed college students are welcome to stay of their room all through the winter break, or to return and go as they want. Students which have spring housing contracts could depart private belongings within the room.
Returning residents could return to their rooms starting at 10 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 13.
Before you permit:
- Make positive home windows are closed and locked, and drapes are closed.
- Unplug electrical home equipment (residence corridor college students solely).
- Clean your micro-fridge and set to low (residence corridor college students solely).
- Turn your heater to low setting the place doable.
- Remove trash and recycling from the constructing.
- Turn off your lights.
- Make positive your room door is totally closed and locked.
- Remember to pack all necessary paperwork or priceless objects, equivalent to aircraft tickets, Buff OneCard, ID, passport, jewellery, medicines, and many others.
- Store bikes in your room throughout breaks, if house is obtainable and it doesn’t block exits.
If you might be leaving:
- Before you permit, discover somebody keen to clear snow off of your property. Snow have to be faraway from sidewalks inside 24 hours of a snowfall.
- Ask a buddy to gather your mail and decide up newspapers and/or any trash in your yard. If you’ll be gone for an extended time frame, contemplate having the submit workplace hold your mail when you’re away.
- Make positive all home windows and doorways are locked. Move any costly objects equivalent to laptops away from home windows the place they might be seen, or deliver them with you. Make positive your bike is securely locked, or deliver it inside in the event you can.
- Set your lights on a timer and your warmth to an affordable temperature (about 60 levels) to forestall pipes from freezing.
- Don’t depart pets by themselves. Find somebody to care for them if you are away.
Campus Dining Services
On-campus eating choices can be restricted throughout winter break—view dining hours and closures.
Getting round campus
There can be no Buff Bus service (Will Vill/Bear Creek/Marine Street) provided between Dec. 16–Jan. 11.
Limited Buff Bus service can be provided Jan. 12–13. Regular service resumes on Jan. 14 for Route W: Williams Village – Main Campus, and on Jan. 16 for Route WL: Williams Village Limited and Route B: Bear Creek Express.
University Memorial Center
The UMC and The Connection can have limited hours Dec. 17–19 and can be closed Dec. 20–Jan. 1. Hours may also be restricted Jan. 2–6, and Jan. 9–16, and can be closed Jan. 7–8. Review winter break hours for The Connection on the UMC web site.
The Buff Pantry helps all campus associates who’re experiencing meals insecurity. Over winter break, the Buff Pantry can have restricted hours and closures Dec. 19–Jan. 16. Visit the Basic Needs Center website for the total schedule. The Buff Pantry is positioned within the University Memorial Center (UMC) basement 1B73, close to the decrease degree of the CU Book Store.
Health and Wellness Services
Health and Wellness Services departments can have adjusted hours over break. If you’re touring residence for break, you possibly can nonetheless schedule and attend psychological well being appointments via AcademicLiveCare.
Winter Break Appreciation Week at The Rec
Students, grad college students, employees and school can take pleasure in free entry to the Rec Center from Jan. 2 to eight along with your Buff OneCard. Please observe that extra actions, such because the climbing health club, leisure skating and visitor passes would require a further payment. Learn extra about Winter Break Appreciation Week at the Rec.
Career Services will supply digital workplace hours Dec. 19–23 and can be closed Dec. 26–30. You can schedule a virtual appointment and access career help on-demand with on-line instruments over winter break.
The University Libraries can have prolonged hours throughout finals week, and winter break closures and hours differ by location. Learn more.